Graphics: Bitcoin Volatility Vs Other Assets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics: Bitcoin Volatility Vs Other Assets

Sharing a nice graphic explaining Bitcoin Volatility compared with other Assets classes. It shows how Bitcoin is stabilizing and now below Oil volatility.

Courtesy twiiter handle @dangermouse117

Interesting chart, as BTCUSD is just so high above the rest; it’s hard to imagine if it’s ever going to get stable in such race. However, as you pointed out it’s nice to see Bitcoin becoming more stable, I will be happier if same thing applies to BTCUSD, as that’s really something which is moving really wildly…. Thank you for sharing…

Comment

Originally posted by Vikas Kiles View Post
      Interesting chart, as BTCUSD is just so high above the rest; it’s hard to imagine if it’s ever going to get stable in such race. However, as you pointed out it’s nice to see Bitcoin becoming more stable, I will be happier if same thing applies to BTCUSD, as that’s really something which is moving really wildly…. Thank you for sharing…
      Yes, even I want it to become more stable. Its not good to see a $100 decline in a day and then rise in a day or two. Stability is must.

Comment

You guys are right there. I think he reason for lack of stability is interest, as still there are major players in the game running the show, so if they feel unsure or if there is anything that makes them feel uncomfortable then we see it on price. So, basically that’s where Bitcoin is so dangerous that it is something that CAN be controlled in a way, but I expect that to change in years to come!

Comment

Originally posted by aayush-admin View Post

Yes, even I want it to become more stable. Its not good to see a $100 decline in a day and then rise in a day or two. Stability is must.
          Yeah, I believe the stability is the biggest question mark on Bitcoin, as it’s obvious that it has been the global news for last couple of years, at least. But, the stability is forever there as a big question mark on it and that’s where we hear people not happier with investment on it because they fear it can really turn ugly if they enter into wrong point.

So till that stability doesn’t come, I believe it will stop major flow of investments.

Comment

I don’t know about others, but for me it’s really surprising to see the chart, as I thought Bitcoin is not stable at all, but I guess I am wrong. However, as said and seen on the chart, it’s obvious that BTC/USD is really too violate for anyone’s peace or comfort. Will really want to see that drop and also, I like to see it remaining in bullish mode for longer than it usually does!

Comment

I find it interesting that since 2015, it’s clearly seen that nearly all assets have jumped quite high in terms of volatility especially Oil, it’s not good sign at all.

However, it’s great to see Bitcoin is going opposite and is becoming stable and might continue on same line a head in years to come. BTC/USD still too high and like all, I too wish to gets lesser violate, as it’s scary at times, to say least.

Comment

This is what makes investment in BTC/USD so risky and so rewarding. I don’t like to put myself into such situation, so I always keep the investment on BTC/USD to very low levels. For me, it’s Bitcoin that’s most surprising in terms of stability, as I expected to be much higher on volatility levels. It’s really good time since last couple of years for Bitcoin, as not just due to stability but for many reasons.

Comment

Yeah when an asset is volatile for long, it affects the investor’s sentiments as they like to deal in assets with normal volatility with the usual highs or lows. But an extended period is not good and one needs to be really careful especially if they are trading BTC.

Now volatility can happen due to high or low volumes and liquidity with some other factors involved too. Now this depends on various big market participants on driving the prices.

Comment

Volatility can be both good and bad depending on how you perceive it! Some people like volatility so that they can get good movement and have chance to earn good over time. But they must also catch the right trend else might miss out on the other side of the trade if the price goes against them! Financial markets across all asset classes have been volatile, of late due to contradictory factors and constant tug of war between buyers & sellers with increased participation.

Comment

Different people explain volatility in different ways. But I think it is when the price is very violent either in one sided or in both sides (which makes trading difficult).

The price would finally settle down but those who are not prepared enough would get maximum damage. Volatility of late is increasing across various financial markets due to increased participation of traders and large uncertainty over events like global growth, political changes, etc. One can’t do anything against this as volatility is here to stay.

Comment

Volatility is quite marked for Bitcoin as it is still a new currency or commodity and outside the purview of usual monetary policies of Central Banks and Fiscal policies of Federal governments. So the price would move other than the usual Demand & Supply too based on other factors too. Big investors might also move their money from/to Bitcoins which can cause sharp spikes at times! So all these factors and more makes Bitcoin’s price movement quite volatile and one must be ready for the same

Comment

Yes Papia Khatun Asha. I have also observed that volatility has increased across almost every asset class with no exception, more so in risky assets like Bitcoin which has no legal backing on its mode of making, storing and transactions!

So one needs to be cautious enough if actually trading BTC via forex market or even dealing with it as the price might undergo marked change very soon enough! This is the price one has to pay to earn big in short time else got to stick with bank deposits or the likes!

Comment

Volatility is due to many factors, the usual ones being Demand & Supply along with others like liquidity. So one can never be sure of anything in the financial markets. One can though take appropriate actions like analysis and risks managements to mitigate the risks, thereby to make regular income over time which must be the goal. All financial markets asset classes are volatile enough at times and if one is not sure of the way to deal with it, then they must not enter this field!

Comment

I believe that this graph completely shows how far BTC is and the amazing part is that we haven’t put up the gain in last 7-8 months, so just imagine how much it will be when that data is input, it could really take things to entirely different level altogether, it will be interesting where other assets stand.

However, it got to be very much clear that BTC is going to be the leader of the pack in years to come.

Comment

Working...
                              X