Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think about using bitcoins by terrorists?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think about using bitcoins by terrorists?

What do you think about using bitcoins by terrorists? This has been one of the major concerns that we have heard a lot of times, so do you think it is getting increased? I believe that this is the reason why many people said that regulation is so crucial. But, I think it is not something that a normal person should be overly concerned about it, but this is an issue for any country.

See, it’s true that BTC is used for bad purpose, but tell me was terrorist not working before BTC? Or was the terrorism not at peak BEFORE Bitcoin?

I mean, it’s certainly a way for terrorist but this is not the ONLY way. However, I always said that it should be regulated by EVERY country for this particular reason.

Comment

I really have no clear view on this, as I believe it’s not really known if this is true or not. But, I don’t think you can say this is because of BTC but this is entirely to do with the system that’s that way, so will be unfair to blame BTC in anything. But yes, I do feel that there are a lot of people using it for wrong activities and terrorism is one common issue that we all talk about.

Comment

Yes, it is possible that it’s used by terrorists, but then when you take the good part then you have to take the bad part too and this is not our thing to look at, but this is what governments are for and they are one responsible for this.

I don’t think there is anyone else who will take the blame, so if it’s misused then that country needs to standup and take action.

Comment

Yes, it is open gate so it’s obvious that terrorist are using this platform, but then you don’t have any other option at all. I don’t think it’s within our hands or control to look at these things. I think there are every country authorities that need to look at it. I think in future this will be a major issue and we might see more serious stance by many countries but I don’t think right now that’s a major issue at all.

Comment

I said this in other thread before even the topic was created that terrorist are using it a lot due to no regulation, so I certainly consider this as a big issue and we have to talk about it not hide it.

I believe that once this issue is dealt correctly then we will see BTC industry grow a lot higher, so it will be interesting where this thing reaches in next couple of years from now, but nothing to be said with guarantee.

Comment

It’s an open option, so anyone can use it but I am not sure about terrorists and all that. I feel that it’s obviously an easy way for terrorists to use it, but how do I comment on it? I don’t have any source through which I can check it and I don’t think there are any surveys about it either, so it is really next to impossible for anyone to say if terrorists are using it or not and what type of percentage it is for usage.

Comment

I think it’s used but the reason is certain countries themselves. If they regulate it and put proper rules then we will see this type of stuff decreasing, but unfortunately right now, it’s only we are not regulating it thing.

I believe this type of attitude and approach is only helping terrorist who are using it as free scots and it will not stop till these things are taken seriously and some strong action is taken.

Comment

We can't stop it, but owners can by sacrificing anonymity. But it also means losing a lot of ordinary users and the whole point of existence, which obviously isn't great. Moreover, there are no proven cases of use of BTC by terrorists. Guess why. I believe these are things above our head, so we need not to be overly concern at all or else it will only make us feel stressed with things.

Comment

Unfortunately, it’s nothing like WE here. If there are any related issues, it’s the domain of certain government where which activities are taken place.

However, I believe there are always various ways available for such things; it’s incorrect to say that Terrorists are getting helped because of BTC, it will be incorrect. I believe BTC has only helped the world and many people getting work, so it can’t be bad at all!

Comment

I have no clue but I don’t even care about this at all. I am not working in any government that I need to worry or even talk about it. I think if there are such concerns then I think it’s that particular country which should talk and take action about it not me or you. If our country or any country is silent over it then we should just not worry too much, as our worry is just irrelevant and will not make any change at al.

Comment

It’s an issue but nothing big, as if you pick any payment processor, it’s also used by criminals, so it’s not any guarantee that this or that option will put us away from wrong activities.

Hence, I don’t think it will means much even if it’s used by terrorists, as you just need to stop the terrorist not these ways. I am not sure we will get any with such talks, as it’s really absolutely irrelevant and is not meaning much at all.

Comment

I agree with people above, I don’t think it’s our concern whether terrorists are using it or not. I think it’s best that we are focusing on our security and using it for honest purpose. I don’t think there is enough power for us to control around the world, but we certainly have the power to do what is possible. If we do that then it won’t matter what terrorists do, it will not affect us at all.

Comment

Working...
                          X