No announcement yet.

Buying Ethereum – A calculated gamble?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading in the financial markets or investing is all about calculated risks or gamble! But then, see to that you are covered from your side fully else risk being left out and lose big! Every asset class has its own risks and you must be ready for the maximum possible tolerance with regards to your loss taking ability!

You can’t always expect profits or focus on rewards only. A good investor always keeps the risks managed which automatically take care of profits!

Comment

Quite agree with Sergey. Risk management is paramount whatever instrument/asset you are investing/trading. So in that case, Ethereum is no different. BTW, Ethereum has been quite stable for long avoiding the big volatilities and trading in a good range. The market cap and valuations are quite decent and is the top league, just below Bitcoin. So Ethereum is a good bet if you are trying to diversify or start with Ethereum itself as it is more affordable at current price!

Comment

No, I think now it’s not worthy. If this question was asked to me 6 months back, I might have answered it differently.

But now I will say it’s not worthy to invest into this because the movement is next to nothing, if you are willing to get stuck for low profits even if that comes then its fine to go with this, but if not then we will be better off with staying away from it.

Comment

If you think that way then there is very limited chance to go anywhere. So this is why we should take the word gambling out of our system, it is not worthy at all to be used. We got to be extremely assured with where we make our investment, as that is something which is going to make hell of a lot difference and if we think like gambling or such then it’s just time waste and we are not going anywhere.

Comment

No, I don’t think it is gamble; it’s very good if we invest. I always like to put my eggs on multiple buckets.

I do like BTC and I trust it too, but dividing investment is common sense and right way. We should just make sure we are not greedy and invest only when there are genuinely good opportunities present. Most people try to be over smart and try to do unnecessary things which never come out with good results.

Comment

Right now, it is not gamble. As investment in any Crypto Currency is massively beneficial, so I believe it is great if we invest on these. It is vital that we are careful with our approach, as without right approach, it will be next to impossible for us to go anywhere. I always prefer to divide my investment, as that helps up with working for me and also keeps the risk factor to very much minimum levels.

Comment

No I can right away say a Big No because gambling is trying your luck with the greed we have in mind in any things but here each coin has its significance and we are investing in something which definitely has its own value... The value may go up and down due to various reasons but that doesn't point that it is a gamble to acquire these coins in any manner..!

Comment

It was indeed a calculated gamble and worthy one, it’s already seen that the level it is gaining is unbelievable in every sense of word; it will be interesting if it can really match to how BTC has gained.

Of course, it’s fair to say that there is no real comparison between the two, but Ethereum is certainly in the league of top Crypto Currencies and it is certainly the gamble worthy to be taken.

Comment

There is a huge chance for buy on this, but we need to make sure we time things correctly, as it is sort of thing that can trouble us massively. I am always very careful with how to go about working even when the signs are obvious. I believe no matter what we should always be very careful and make sure we do proper calculation, as that is the only way we will be able to succeed and will be able to perform well.

Comment

Ethereum is not a gamble anymore; it was gamble when the thread was created. It’s obvious that when this thread was created, it was nearly all crypto currencies which were amongst gambling type things, but in recent times in particular last 6 months, it’s very much changed scenario.

I believe now mostly all Crypto Currencies are good place to put investment on and can benefit us a lot. But all this needs to be done very wisely.

Comment

Ethereum is not at all gamble. Maybe some other coins are because they only go high when some of the group of people over buys that for their purpose or when they have some news but Ethereum is a top coin which has a very good potential to reach and set a new record just like bitcoin. We can blindly agree bitcoin was not a gamble and it is worth the efforts put for the way how the system mines these crypto currencies. Gambling is mainly looked upon coins for the purpose of earning without taking any efforts.

Comment

We can never say anything in this currency world as gamble unless you’re betting without having proper knowledge on that aspect. So a person who knows bitcoin only will realize about ethereum and he will definitely look in depth on it and then only invest. So calling it as a calculated gamble is not acceptable.

Yes you may call it as a risky investment for the future because bitcoin and alt coins came into existence and will live only if internet works well if not what can happen no one knows yet.

Comment

It was a gamble, but it has worked unbelievable well. I believe we will continue to witness the movement in BTC, but I guess now it’s not exactly a gamble but now it’s more of a proper investment. The people who took risk were successful and made massive money, but ones who were conservative were left sad on missing out on such amazing opportunity. However, I believe that is life and one got to accept it.

Comment

It’s not gamble at all. I think Ethereum has really gained well in recent times and can’t be considered gamble any longer. It is obvious that we will see people having reservation over it but I don’t think it will be all that to worry.

We just need to make sure that we can afford it in just of any trouble. We should always be careful about things when it comes to investment because it can really work against us, so we got to play it carefully.

Comment

Working...
                              X