Phishing Email Scam!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phishing Email Scam!

Hello friends, it’s obvious that every popular thing carries obvious attention and when that’s there than bad people and scammers become active. This is where these Phishing Email Scam things come from.

Just as any other thing we also have started getting emails claiming that you won this or that or saying that there is password change attempt and to block it click here or basically such things. So, have you faced such issues? I have got plenty of such emails which I have added into scam column.

Thanks for sharing this mate, I too received so many mails like these on regular occasion with saying that you have 24 hours or 12 hours to verify by clicking on this link or else your account will be blocked.

This is not just for Bitcoin but even for other payment processors like Skrill and all that, so very important for people to stay aware of this fact and never click on such links which can cause big issues.

Comment

Yeah, it’s important that we can pass this type of info to newbies who are likely to get exposed to these scams and may even get caught into this, so must forward the wording across for others not to face similar issues. I too have got scammed in past. It was with Liberty Reserve payment processor where I clicked on the link and entered my detail which got my account hacked, but luckily I lost just 30-40 USD, so always be careful.

Comment

Phishing emails are so annoying man. I am always very cautious and never open any suspicious emails :P

Comment

Originally posted by aayush-admin View Post
          Phishing emails are so annoying man. I am always very cautious and never open any suspicious emails :P
          Annoying is one word which can be handled and often ignored as well. But, the problem comes is when you start suffering because of it and for newbies, it’s extremely serious issue because I know that once I was newbie, I too had fall for such traps. Anyhow, I am now experienced enough to simply delete or mark it as spam without even opening it simply by the tittle and this is not just for E-Currencies but every field have this sort of scam.

Comment

Originally posted by Plamen Ivanov View Post
            Hello friends, it’s obvious that every popular thing carries obvious attention and when that’s there than bad people and scammers become active. This is where these Phishing Email Scam things come from.

Just as any other thing we also have started getting emails claiming that you won this or that or saying that there is password change attempt and to block it click here or basically such things. So, have you faced such issues? I have got plenty of such emails which I have added into scam column.
            Talking about Phishing Emails, I just remember how once I caught into one such email. It was like this that a person called xxx (don’t remember the name) mailed me and mentioned he has Cancer and is going to die in next few months. He likes to donate his money for good cause and needs someone who can use it in right cause. It’s funny enough that I just for sake of trying asked him to provide ID card proof and next day he sent me that (through mail). Luckily, I did research about that ID card and found out its scammer making fake one. Since then I blocked and deleted his email. Later on, I had similar mails from various ids, so just terrible to see people drop down that low!

Comment

Originally posted by Aristomenis Kakounis View Post

Anyhow, I am now experienced enough to simply delete or mark
              Yeah, you learn with experience

Comment

One thing is very obvious that most people in some way have faced this Phishing Email; it’s likely that many people get caught into this which is why this way is never ending. I find it funny reading some of the stuff above with the story they build up. I guess, if they worked in movie script writing they would have given blockbusters but unfortunately for them, it was wrong field they selected or perhaps right (who knows), I mean, it’s fair to say many newbies fall for it.

I just pray newbies learn and don’t get caught for this.

Comment

Although, it’s one of the common and definitely most tried ways of scamming/stealing from innocent people and when I say innocent, I mean not exactly matured heads.
                  However, it’s not the only way but if you even mistime your writing then there are several look alike sites for Bitcoin that can make you fool and it’s not tough to do that with newbies, so that’s why we have to be very alert to situation around to be in best bet.

Comment

I just find this interesting that scammers are just so quick to pouch on any opportunity that’s given and email scam is huge in every online work not just with Bitcoin. I have been doing Forex trading and there too I regularly receive fake emails under several brokers name/banner, it’s just hard to understand where these people get the email from, but the best you could do is to simply ignore and mark scam.

Comment

When I started using internet years ago I believed in most of those phishing mails especially the Lottery ones which claim I have won a million dollar reward and just needs to send some money to a particular person to process my prize. Later I came to know of such phishing scams.

Now I don’t click on the links in the mail and try to confirm whether the mail is genuine or not! Phishing still continues which means people are still losing money to them!

Comment

It seems like an organized crime as individuals don’t have enough resources to carry out such cyber-attacks regularly! Phishing mails are sent to trick the user to reveal the passwords or other secrets like their bank accounts or other personal accounts. Many people regularly fall prey to this and the only remedy to be aware of such things and being very careful while being online especially in conducting financial transactions! It is brutal world out there and you have to survive that!

Comment

Phishing is a homophone of fishing which is to catch fishes using baits. In an electronic Phishing attack the cyber-criminal can send malicious links to your email or chat software like Skype, Whatsapp, etc. to a rogue site whereby the innocent user would enter their personal information like bank details, credit/debit card details and any other personally identifiable material.

Cyber thief’s can also send tempting lottery winning from reputed companies/persons. With Internet being a huge place, stopping such attacks altogether is impossible but people can remain cautious!

Comment

I have seen my friend facing this issue just couple weeks back, as he clicked on such one link and had absolutely disastrous time, as he got his id hacked. It was fortunate that he had security in place through which he recovered it and reset all the setting; it’s really luck for him. I believe we must not click on any such links on mails, as that is likely to put us into risk of getting hacked or any such thing.

Comment

Yes clicking link(s) received via email or chats must not be clicked and you must do all your banking or other high profile activities in a secured way with updated browser, updated anti-virus, updated operating system, the works.

But before all these you must be aware and have better common sense so that you can stay away from such frauds masquerading as genuine and tempting you to make easy money! Awareness and preparedness is the only way to combat these.

Comment

Working...
                              X